Compound & Storage
Please see all current fees on the forms
- Download the 2018-2019 Winter Storage form at this Link Storage Reservation Form 2018-19 Winter
- For Storage requests in the main compound: – Please DO NOT send any payment with your reservation form. Spaces will not be allocated until March when we have all the applications in. We are expecting a very full compound with many members purchasing boats and the rapid increase of our Cadet Fleet. Powered boats will be allocated space once the Sailing Section has been accommodated with 2017 Volunteers and helpers being given priority for the 2018 Season.
- Existing holders for Tender Racks, Kayak Racks and Engine store will be able to keep their allocation for a further year. Please contact the Rear Commodore Sailing if you would like to move Racks, there are a few still available.
- Crane in day will probably be Saturday the 31st March with the compound being available for Dinghies from Saturday the 7th April
- The 2018 Season is particularly busy for the Club and we have several championships on. The Main Compound will be jammed full during the dates below and access to your sailing dinghy may be not possible, restricted or awkward. Please be aware of these dates: –
30th Jun/1st July – Larks Open championship
14th/15th July – Dinghy Regatta and Laser Open Championship
16th – 21st August – Combined OK Nationals and National 12’s Championship 70+ Dinghies expected
- All compounds are accessed by combination locks.
- Keys will no longer be issued or used.
- You will be notified of the relevant access codes when you pay for storage. These codes may not be published to third parties and in the event of any abuse, the codes will be changed.
- All cradles, trailers & prams must state the boat name
- Please speak to the Facilities director if you are interested in future Winter Storage, but please note that the compound is currently full with a waiting list. Priority will go to volunteers who allow their boats to be used by the Club for events. Followed by Keelboats owned by volunteers and people who help the club. Weight limit is 4 tonnes.
- Boats owned by Members may be stored in the main compound for the sailing season only, from the week after Crane In day to the week before Crane Out day on payment of the fee in advance.
- The Administration Secretary will provide a numbered sticker that must be affixed to the boat. This only covers the Sailing season and only limited space is available in winter by special arrangement
- Hobie Cats may be stored in the main compound for a whole year, if there is space, at a fee payable in advance. They must have a current year numbered sticker attached.
- All dinghies & catamarans are subject to removal from the compound for BYC special events & championships, without compensation. Owners will be notified in advance of dates that they will be required to move their dinghies.
- Brixham Yacht Club reserves the right to remove all dinghies not bearing the correct numbered sticker and to sell the dinghy without reference to the Owner.
TENDERS & ENGINES
Tenders (inflatable dinghies) and engines can be stored in our other compound, referred to as the “Tender Compound” Tenders will be allocated a rack number, stickers will no longer be issued for the tender compound
Note: Fuel cans must NOT be stored in the engine store. All cans will be removed and disposed of
Kayaks and collapsible cradles can also be stored in the Tender Compound if space permits, please contact the Rear Commodore Sailing BEFORE bringing your Cradle/Kayak into the compound.
Note: winter storage in the main compound is severely limited and currently full with a waiting list.