The Club now has 6 dinghies for member use.
- RS Vision
- RS Quest
- Two Lasers
- Two Toppers
Club Dinghies can be booked for a Monday evening racing and for Plain Sailing coaching sessions when that takes place, by selecting 'Book Online'. Select the event required followed by the dinghy you wish to book.
There is only a minimal charge for members to use these dinghies which is used towards their upkeep.
By submitting a booking you confirm that:
1. You are competent to sail this type of dinghy
2. You will before sailing check that the present & possible weather conditions and sea state do not exceed your competence and that if while sailing they do, then you will immediately return to shore
3. You will thoroughly check the dinghy and its fittings before launching for faults & breakages and will not launch the dinghy if there are any that may impair its sailing ability. If there are any then you will not launch and will notify as below. Also, only standard fittings shall be used.
4. You will use the dinghy in a responsible manner & wear a buoyancy aid at all times.
5. You are using this dinghy at your own risk and are required to assess the safety of doing so as the master of the vessel. This applies even if you are racing and the race has not been abandoned.
6. Laser hirers should bring their own Clew Strap as Brixham Yacht Club cannot guarantee that one will be available on the hire day.
7. On return you will secure the dinghy in the compound.
8. On return you will notify (as below) if there are any faults or breakages that have occurred during your hire.
9. You agree that any photographs taken of you and or the dinghy during the hire may be used by the Club for promotional purposes.
10. Brixham Yacht Club reserves the right to cancel this hire before launch based on its assessment of the hirer's abilities and if it does so the hire fee will be refunded.
If there are any issues, faults or breakages, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Last updated 12:56 on 26 June 2023